Evaluation of Pitch Feedback

After pitching my ideas to the class and receiving their feedback, the first thing that they said which I have taken further is to use The Beat as my magazine title. Originally it was between Sounds and The Beat as they are both catchy, simple, and have a musical feel, but my audience unanimously agreed on The Beat so I have chosen to use it as my title.
Secondly they mentioned that my genre was a little too general as I said I would aim it at everyone so I have decided to narrow it down to mainly Indie/Britpop/Rock with elements of other genres. Some of my favoured music is Britpop such as Pulp, The Beautiful South, Blur, The Housemartins and Madness but as the majority of these bands have split up I decided that it was a dead genre and should only be a small aspect of my magazine.
Thirdly they said I should have a better developed colour scheme as I had little idea of what I wanted to do with the colours, so after a lot of deliberation and experimenting with colours on paint I have decided to use blacks and greys but with some blue and greens. This is because although I liked the purple and pink colours I experimented with, they were quite feminine and could put boys off my magazine. Blue and green are much more gender neutral and would stand out nicely against the monochrome whilst blending in with my outdoor photographs.
Overall I took quite a lot of my audiences feedback into my own work and am pleased with what I came out with after my pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment