Colour Scheme Options


Here are eight colour schemes that I have experimented with on paint. For each I chose 3 colours that compliment each other, and I think I will use a white background. Whilst I like the pink and purple schemes I believe that these may be too gender specific – my magazine would look directed solely at girls and young women. I will experiment with a couple of these colour schemes when I start creating my magazine but for now I think I will use one of the green or blue schemes as they are gender neutral and quite calm and naturalistic, this is what I am going for with the general feel and scheme of my magazine. Most of these schemes have a grey in them, this is because my picture will be monochrome and I want some of the coverlines to fit in with this scheme but I want others to stand out in a different, brighter colour. Red seems to be a colour that is used in many magazines schemes and for this reason I might consider it as it is bold and makes things stand out without looking tacky – a green or blue might not stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment