Evaluation Task 7



If you click on the image you can see I have used split screen to show my preliminary work against my final piece. I have also included annotations on the differences. Here is what I have learnt in the progression between these pieces.

In the progression between my preliminary task and final product I have learnt a great deal about photoshop, other software, and the way that magazines fit together and need a cohesive style. Looking back on my task I can see the help that my planning and research contributed. By reading other magazines and examining and imitating their style I learnt how to make my work look professional and slick. I learnt a lot about layers of font and photographs, the use of straplines, and fonts that look professional in a magazine.

Creating my moodboards was also another task that contributed greatly to the planning process. It helped me to develop a clear idea of the genre I was targeting and the photography that I would need to set up. It also helped me to realise how I should represent my artist as acting within the interview.

On my final piece everything fits together neatly unlike my preliminary task where the words look like they don’t belong there. On the contents page of my preliminary I put thick coloured lines around the photographs which looks childish and unprofessional; in my final piece I imitated the technique of cosmopolitan magazine and used no border; this looks more slick and professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment