Evaluation Task 2



Here is the model on my front cover and the singer Laura-Mary Carter. I partly based Zoe's character on Laura-Mary as they are of similar height and age. Although Laura-Mary is brunette and Zoe blonde the style is similar and they pose in almost the same way - they look bored but are pouting slightly and look very posed and almost stiff. This fits with the genre of music that they play. (Indie, Folk-rock).

In my photographs Zoe is dressed in a dark dress with a large, flowery statement necklace. Laura also wears a dress; however it is more visible in the photograph. They both wear similar makeup; dark around the eyes with brighter pink lipstick and cheeks. Their eyebrows are defined and their faces are pale. This style of makeup is also typical for the genre I am aiming for within my magazine.

Despite my magazine being gender neutral; I am representing girls and women aged 16-25 with the cover photograph. This issue could draw more females in as Zoe could be an icon for the feminine half of my target audience - the men might not read a magazine that has a woman on the cover. This is one drawback of the artist I have chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment