Evaluation Task 1



In my magazine, The Beat, I incorporate several generic conventions of other magazines; namely ones that I styled my own magazine on. Firstly I made my ident simple, bold and straightforward like the NME ident. I downloaded a font named Clubland from www.dafont.com and put the words “The” and “Beat” in separate boxes. I rotated the first word so it went up the side of the second and made both words large and noticeable. The font was also in the style of disco lights which added to the musical feel of the title which suited the genre of magazine.
Secondly I kept to a three colour palette. Whereas most magazines choose black, white and red I opted instead for black, white, and turquoise as these are all gender neutral and keep the page looking simple yet effective. However, for Zoe’s name on the double page spread I incorporated a purple for her name to make the feature on her look more feminine.
I kept the font scheme simplistic with 2 different fonts on the front cover; however I break this rule for the contents page and double page spread by incorporating another font for page numbers, date of release and name of bands featured. By using a small variation of font style and size I manage to break up the pages and make them interesting whilst keeping it simple and easy to read – my pages aren’t too busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment