Edited Photo 1



Using inspiration from a Blood Red Shoes photoshoot Owain and I copied their poses and took this photo using a canon camera, tripod and selftimer. The left image is the original and as you can see it is very different, we are sat against a bright red wall and you can see things in the background. Using photoshop CS4 I firstly cut us out using the eraser to remove some of the background and then the pen tool to cut around our shape. I then feathered the edges to make sure we blended with the background and our edges weren't too sharp. I then took the colour from the original photograph and used it as the background for ours, however I made it more white near to the centre so it looked natural.
I then used dropshadow so it looked like we were against the wall and edited the contrast and brightness of us so we looked more like the original photograph and also blended in well with the wall - it looks like we are really against it rather than cut out and pasted on. The entire process took about 2 hours but it was worth it as the final product is really effective and I might use it as either the image on my contents page or double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment